The firm acts as an outside general counsel for a number of clients, providing dedicated, responsive support
with institutional knowledge of the client's business or situation. Examples of ways clients have been
- Providing responsive, practical corporate legal advice to business owners is the firm's core service offering. Clients in the sectors of software, healthcare, real estate, manufacturing, financial services and general consulting appreciate the experience and attention to detail the firm brings to bear on the challenges and opportunities they face on a day to day basis.
- Providing template commercial contracts (such as licensing or services agreements) and training client employees to use and implement them in order to reduce outside legal spending. Assisting clients in negotiating contracts with counterparties at a high level to identify potential risks and ensure that key terms are properly agreed to.
- Providing review and negotiation services to corporate entities and individuals where executives are considering employment arrangements, particularly where an equity position is offered and/or non-compete terms are proposed.
- Providing advice at the inception of a business venture regarding entity choice, strategic tax consequences, and internal governance issues. Whether the client has an existing business and is seeking to launch a subsidiary, or a completely new business venture, it pays to consider the legal ramifications in advance. The firm works closely with client's CPAs and other strategic business development professionals to take a team approach to solving problems before they become problems.
The firm represents buyers and sellers in a variety of transactional matters, providing strategic advice and
experienced drafting in the context of stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, joint ventures
and reorganizations. Examples of ways clients have been served:
- Providing pre-transaction review and advice to sellers to position them to realize maximum gains from a sale.
- Providing diligence and research to buyers considering an acquisition.
- Providing negotiation, drafting, structuring and transactional support to buyers and sellers in a wide array of transactions through various industries and transaction sizes. The firm works closely with a client's team of in-house counsel, investment bankers, CPAs and other professionals to provide seamless, comprehensive support designed to minimize stress and maximize value to the client.
Things can go wrong in a business in a seemingly infinite number of ways. The firm focuses on finding
creative, comprehensive solutions to resolve commercial and business conflicts short of litigation
- or if
that can't be done, to properly position a client in preparation of litigation. Examples of ways clients
have been served:
- Providing strategic advice to corporate entities and individuals in negotiating exits from businesses by departing members.
- Providing strategic advice and drafting support to shareholders and director in complex corporate disputes to spin out new subsidiary with identified assets and liabilities in settlement of claims.
- Providing strategic advice to trust beneficiaries and shareholders in complex trust dissolution and related corporate reorganization.
- Providing advice to boards of directors and managers in situations where separate corporate counsel is necessary or advisable due to conflicts of interest or intractable disputes.